KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Friday, July 28, 2006

Dossier forms

Hello gang! I can't believe another week has flown by! Too fast! Summer will be over before I know it and I'm no where near ready for school to start (especially since I will be kind of homeschooling Tyler - my almost 11 year old. He will be attending Oak Tree Academy 2 days a week and home with me 3. We'll see how it goes.). Anyways -
I did finally get ahold of "someone" at the Secretary of the Commonwealth's office last friday - and she was able to fix and send out a new form for the one that had the wrong date. She didn't know what to do about the missing one - so she said Tabitha would have to call me back. I didn't hear anything from her, so on Tuesday I called, and Tabitha sent out an authentication paper Fedex. I've got all my authentications now! Yeah! . . . . However . . . .
Today I was talking with my notary about having to resign some revised forms, and when I was looking over the old forms and authentications, I noticed that 4 of the authentications were missing the words "Notary Public" where it states who the official signiture is from. So . . . . back on the phone to Tabitha. She corrected them and is FedEx'ing them today. :) Man - 3 days in one week I've gotten to see the FedEx truck at my house! How exciting. :) hee, hee. Anyways, Tabitha has been really nice and unfortunately for her - we were not the only ones who have had problems. Tabitha just came on staff in the spring and has done a superb job of catching up on alot of the backlog, but in July they hired a temp/intern to help her (Tabitha said she was only about a week behind instead of 4 months like before). . . but it looks like the temp/intern may have done more damage than help. Poor thing. I'm just glad we were able to get all of it straightened out over the phone!

So - here's our other news . . . . Some of you know that Jeremy has a vehicle that doesn't fit our whole family (only 5 people), and so when my car is getting repaired - we can't go anywhere all together. We have been praying about getting a bigger van/vehicle - but have never felt a peace about the timing or the money. I kept telling him to hang on a little longer. :) His car has over 170k miles on it - but it's not a horrible car. I've been in worse (ie - the first car I ever rode in with Jeremy - his rust-colored, and rusted, diesel Chevy Chevette!!! Ask about it sometime!). anyways - last sunday we were having lunch at my mom's and when J went to get in his car, and the brakes went all the way to the floor! Scary thing is - my dad had just driven the car up to the store! PTL he didn't get hurt! Jeremy was upset about having to put more money into a car we wanted to get rid of anyways, and he started to complain to God "if You want me to have a bigger van, then YOU have to pay for it!". OK - so it wasn't very polite or reverant - but God heard it. We went to a party at a friends, and they had just purchased a new van (nice! Envy!). They asked us if we knew anyone who needed their old van? Hunh? They were going to give it away? Hunh?! Actually . . . . . . we do! :)
So - we are getting a bigger vehicle! :) It actually has more miles on it than J's car and needed a little bit of repair work - but we agreed to pay for the repairs (cheaper than buying a newer van, that's for sure!) and I think this van will (hopefully) get us a little further along till we can get a newer (less milage) vehicle . . . . after we pay for this adoption! PTL! God is good! He hears - even when we are angry and frustrated . . . He still cares and loves to surprise us!

Well, I've just been reminded that I am missing out on Fun Family Friday here at the West house - so I need to get off the computer. Thanks for taking the time to check on us, and keep us in your prayers. Also - a BIG THANKS goes to our friends for giving us your van (you know who you are) and for Tabitha and all she's done to help us with our authentications (don't know if she will ever read this though)!
God bless you all today! He's in control . . . . and that's a good thing! :)
-Lori :)

No comments: