KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Sunday, August 06, 2006

To the Consulate

Hello all! Here's this week in review:

1. We were able to notarize our slightly revised forms on Wednesday (Thank you Cheryl, Todd, Marsha, Jeremy and Dr. Riles)! God bless you all!

2. Our authenticated (or is it certified?) forms have arrived at the Guatemalan Consulate in Washington DC to be authenticated there this coming week! Then they will go on to our new agency - Kentucky Adoption Services. Hopefully the Consulate won't lose our forms or mess them up like the Secretary of the Commonwealth did. Please pray! :)

3. On Thursday - one of the hottest days this week- I came home in the afternoon to a hot house . . . our AC broke! :( . . . . . PTL though - we were able to get a wonderful man (W.P. Hogge, Jr) to come out right away (that evening) and fix it (for a heafty price though)! He had been working since 4 am that day and was still at our house around 6:30pm. I'm so thankful for AC!!

4. No news on the referral front this week. That's ok. We are still finalizing our dossier stuff. Though, it would be nice to already have the referral for when our dossier is finished. God knows. :) I just wish He'd clue me in on the time frame of it all. :) Hey - I did go to the Prophetic Presbytery meeting on Wed to be activated in the prophetic . . . . so . . . let me tell you when we will get a referral! . . . . . . . In God's timing! :) Hee, hee.

5. We have applied for a grant and are starting to work on our fundraising efforts (now that our paperwork is done). Please pray for wisdom in raising/getting the money we need. I know that God will provide - I just don't want to overstep my boundaries so that His will can prevail.

6. I've been having some balance problems this week. Please pray. It seems to have gotten worse the last couple days. I have been on a healthier diet - a hypoglycemic diet - as I was having problems after eating carbs/sugar, etc. I had been feeling soo much better (untill I got a grande Caramel Frappucino at Starbucks! I'm not doing that again for awhile!). I don't know if I just have some fluid in my ears; my neck is out of alignment; my hormones out of alignment???; or something else. I have had bad vertigo in the past - and it ended up being related to my vertebrae, and going to a chiropractor helped. I don't really want to spend the money (or time - his office is 25 minutes away) on a chiropractor. I'd rather be healed! :) Anyways - please pray for me! I don't like feeling incapacitated. For those that really know me . . . . I like to go, go, go and be in control. When your head is spinning and you can hardly walk - there's nothing you can do but lay down. I think God uses it sometimes to slow me down! :) great. . . . . .Thanks for your prayers!!!


Coming up this week - please pray for:

1. My balance/health issues

2. Jacob's surgery on his lower eyelids (on Thursday) - he has had several styes this year that wouldn't heal and the doc says they are Chalazions. "A Chalazion is a non-bacterial lump on the eyelid caused by a blocked mucous gland under the eye." The puss core hardens and won't come out - so they have to surgically remove it. Quick procedure - but has to go to the hospital and be put under general anesthesia for it. :( Pray for the procedure to go well and for quick healing. (Or even better - pray that they Chalazions go away before the surgery!!!)

3. Adoption financial wisdom - how and where to get the money for the remaining $20,000 that we need.

4. My oldest boys are at camp near Lynchburg this week! Pray for their safety and that God will touch their hearts in a profound way.

Thanks so much you guys! What would I do without you all?! I appreciate your encouragement and support so much!
God bless you today! May your rest in His peace that passes ALL our understanding!!!
Lori :)

2 comments:

Bob said...

Hope you are feeling better now! Glad jacob's eyes are fixed!

Dad

Bob said...

I hope you arefeeling better now!