KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Paper ready? & Entertainment books

The Guatemalan Consulate in DC got our paperwork last thursday afternoon, authenticated it all, and sent it out on Friday evening! Faster than I expected! :) It arrived in KY at our agency on Monday morning. Yeah!(though my agency didn't tell me it had arrived when I spoke with them monday afternoon - maybe they hadn't opened their mail yet)! The director and assistant for the Guatemala program are reviewing all our documents again today to make sure they are all correct. I am soooooo glad they are sooooo picky! Like I said before, out of thousands of documents they have sent to Guatemala over the years, only 4 documents have been kicked out of PGN to be fixed!!! Only 4!!! That's a fantastic record!
We did get a big dossier packet in the mail from KAS on Monday and when reviewing it, I noticed that we didn't do a form (that AHH never required), and I also noticed that a few forms that we had authenticated at the state and consulate level - they didn't require them to be authenticated (for KAS). Oh well. Each agency does things differently. I wish they had told me that though before I sent them off to the consulate. That would have saved some money. Oh well. I typed up the Child's Rights Affidavit that we hadn't done and sent it off to KAS along with new G28 and I600 forms, etc. KAS will take care of the authentication of the Child Rights form for us. Thank goodness. :)
I also found out that our agency had quite a few baby girls become available this last month - which explained why the director told me to "let her know" if we changed our mind from a 2-5 year old and wanted a baby. :) It's unusual to have to "find" parents for these baby girls! Usually they go quickly (and hav e probably already been placed). It did make me stop and think for awhile. I'm so anxious to know who my daughter is - that I wonder sometimes . . . should we just take a baby? Are we really supposed to get a toddler? . . . you know - all sorts of things run through my mind. I just keep praying and following the "Peace". Right now - J and I still have peace about a toddler. Some of those babies are darn cute . . . . but I have been really enjoying being out of the "baby stage". No diapers, nap schedules, strollers, bottles, etc. I can actually sit and relax at the pool, while my kids play, for the first time in over 10 years! :)
Anyways - our daughter is out there somewhere, and I know the Lord will show us clearly who she is.

Pray for Lucy, the director of KAS as she goes down to Guatemala the middle of this month.
Pray for the lawyer that is looking for our daughter.
Pray for our daughter to be safe and to be found soon.
Pray for us - for paitence, peace, health, and for our finances (adoption and otherwise). (oh yeah - Jake's surgery is at 9:15 am tomorrow, Thursday. Pray it goes well)

Thanks for all your prayers! We appreciate it wholeheartedly!
-Lori :)

ps - Most of you have received an email from us (thru Entertainment), but for those that we don't have your email address . . .

We are selling the Entertainment discount books (for all areas of the country) to help raise funds for our adoption. The Norfolk area book is $25 and we recieve a percentage (based upon the number of books we sell - so obviously, the more we sell, the better). You can save a TON of money by using the coupons in the book (which includes many places you probably already spend money at)! We saved over $2000 on a hotel near Disney through our book 3 years ago. It was a 5 star place at 1 star price! The coupons are good till November 2007!
If you live near us and want to purchase them - let us know. We will be getting books in around the 21-15th of August. You can also order online (I think there is a $5 S&H charge??). Let your friends know too! Thanks so much! You'll love this book! We've been using them for over 10 years!

*If ordering online -
You can click on the title of this post or the link on the sidebar. Make sure it says you are supporting "The Best of the Wests" in the green section near the top of the Entertainment site.
Or
Go to http://www.entertainment.com/support/ and type in our group number (or seller number) to give us credit for your order. Thanks.
Group # 883993
Seller # 321301

No comments: