KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Saturday, September 08, 2007

We're home!

Wow! Are we really home with our little girl? It just doesn't seem real sometimes, yet at other times it seems like she's been here awhile. She really is doing well. I know it's just the "honeymoon" season still, but I hope that after that's over, we will all continue to do well. You know we are praying through it all! And God has been sooooo faithful to answer so many of our prayers! We are blessed!



We left Guatemala around 1pm (3pm VA time) - and Wendy LOVED the plane ride!!! She was sooo excited to get on the plane (which she talked about for 3 days before) - that she was hoping up and down at the gate saying "El Avion! El Avion! El Avion!" and talking to everyone (saying Hola, etc). She excitedly pointed out all the other airplanes and "carros" (cars), and when we took off she was all smiles! There was a slight "dip" at one point, and she LOVED it! Her mouth was wide open in a huge smile! But within 10 minutes she was asleep! It was close to her naptime and we had had alot of excitement that day! I was surprised she could sleep with the high-pitched, ear-piercing screaming coming from the baby behind me! I felt sorry for that couple! Ouch!
Wendy did well on the rest of the flight to Atlanta - and on the flight home. We fed her some Ben and Jerry's ice cream (God is so good to bless me with putting a B&J's right next to our gate!!! PTL!), and it wound her up! She was, again, bouncing down the jetway, and talking/rambling on and on and on in spanish - and I'm not sure it was even real sentences - but just a bunch of random Spanish words. I could understand a few of them. :) We finally put on a movie for her and Meg, and she settled down some for the rest of the flight.

We flew in late last night, about 10:30pm, and didn't get home till close to midnight (and we had a wonderful sign waiting for us at home!)We had such wonderful friends meet us at the airport to welcome Wendy home! Thank you so much guys! It meant alot! Even though Wendy seemed quiet last night, meeting everyone, I tell you what - that girl can talk!!! :) Just you wait till she gets settled in! And her giggle cracks me up! I love hearing it! In the parking garage at the airport, Jeremy buckled Wendy into her carseat, and she started crying - probably because she was tired, but more than likely because she has never ridden in a car seat before (that I know of). She settled down quickly, and before we knew it Jacob was making her laugh! The kids all learned the Spanish word for crazy - and was asking her if each of her family members were "loco". She would laugh and say "si" or "no". At first all the boys were loco and the girls were not, and then she switched it - except daddy was always loco (and he is! :) hee,hee.). We came home, and the boys excitedly showed her some things in the house, and where her room was. She went up to her bed and said "Wendy cama!" (Wendy's bed). We got ready for bed, and when I asked "Who wants to pray first?", it was a tie between Jacob's "ME!" and Wendy's "YO!" :) How cute! Jacob said that Wendy could pray first "since she was the youngest". She said her prayers in Spanish, thanking God for each of her family members. That just tickled my heart! We had prayed together on Thursday night in Guatemala, and I was trying to help her pray in Spanish, and she stopped me saying "No Mami! Yo puedo!" (No mommy. I can!). She's definitely 3!! Her favorite things to say are (in Spanish, of course) - I want . . . I don't want . . . and I can (do it)! :) She is also a total ham - just like her big brother Jacob! She just fits in perfectly.
As I sit and write this, she is content in her bed - and even yelled out "Good-Night!" to me and Jeremy when we were in the room. :) She'll be speaking circles around us in English before we know it!

In Atlanta, at Immigration, I noticed that the other adoptive families didn't have their last names doubled on their paperwork like ours (West West). The Immigration official said that her Certificate of Citizenship would be sent to us with her name as it is on the paperwork - Wendy Elizabeth West West. I asked if there was any way to change that first, and he was going to try - as they had to fix a mistake on our address too. We'll see. We will probably have to change things anyways if we add Kathryn into her name.

Well - it's getting late, and I am exhausted. I got most of the laundry done today, and visited with my mom & dad, a couple friends, and my brother and his wife (and my adorable niece!). I've got about 10 syllabus' to read and sign for the kids' schooling, and groceries to buy, and a party to attend to tomorrow (along with church too!). So - I better get some sleep myself. I will try to upload more pics and post them when I can. Be patient with me, but check back to see them!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all your prayers and support along this WHOLE journey!!! I can't believe this 18 month pregnancy is finally over (except for the post-placement stuff - visits and paperwork)!!! I love my little girl, and I think she enjoys being here with us so far. She's even been able to go play with Meghan at our neighbor's house. They have a little 4 year old girl who also speaks Spanish. We've been blessed with 2 sets of Spanish speaking neighbors!!! God is good!!

Blessings to you all!

Lori :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori-- thank you so much for your posting. It confirms what we already know...and that is...God answers prayers. I am at day 43 waiting for PA and love to read all the coming home stories. God bless your familia!!!! --alesha (josi's mom)