KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Monday, September 03, 2007

"Hey Mami . . . " What? "Hola!" :)

Yes - we are here! And yes - Hurricane Felix is a Cat 5!!! Yikes. :) We are still praying it to move further north so as to not his us at all. We'll see. More than likely we will be touring Antigua in the rain on Thursday. :) Anyways . . . that' s not the important info . . . .

We arrived here safe and sound . . . a little tired . . . but excited. Well, J shouldn't have been tired . . . he slept the whole trip down (except to wake up to eat lunch). He then took a 2 hour nap yesterday and slept 11 hours last night (and another shorter nap today!). But - I can't blame him - I've been just as tired . . .but I'm not as sound a sleeper as he is. I've been too excited to sleep much.

It's the rainy season here, so in true rainy season fashion - it rained all day off and on yesterday. Today was better - beautiful this morning - but rainy in the afternoon.

OK, OK - enough about weather Lori! :) As for our Wendy girl . . . :)

She came up to see us with her housedad Antonio (and his two girls) and she looked beautiful! She seemed a bit shy at first, but still came to my arms and then Jeremy's without a problem. It wasn't too long after that that Wendy and Meghan were playing and giggling and having a blast together! Meghan is a GREAT big sister to Wendy and Wendy seems to love hanging out with Meghan. Yeah! :) Last night they chased each other around the dining room playing tag and giggling all the time! At one point Wendy came up to me and said "Hey Mami" What? I asked. "Hola!" she said with a smirk. :) She then went to Jeremy and did the same. So I did it right back to her! She laughed. When we first landed in GT, Meghan said "I think I want to go home already". But after playing with Wendy for less than an hour - she changed her mind! Plus there has been a couple puppies around to entertain Meghan too. :) She loves animals!

Right now I have a snuggling girl (Wendy) on my lap (she got a little over-emotional about something someone said to her here - so she needed some loving) - so I'm going to cut this short. You know I can write a book! :)

Pray that our appointment at the embassy goes well tomorrow. 8 am GT time (10 am VA time). We are hoping for good weather so that we can go to the zoo and possible Children's museum afterwards. I hope so.

Last night we took Wendy down to her house after hanging out with us all day up near our dorm room, and she was not happy about having to sleep back in her house! She cried and wanted to sleep with us! :) We had her sleep down there (as it was pouring rain at that time), but we will have her in our room tonight. She even took a nap in our room today. It makes me so happy to see that she is WANTING to be with us and seems to be attaching to us quite well. I know we have a long road ahead of us . . . but so far so good. :) Not hitting, biting, screaming, etc. :)

Here are a few pics of our day today.


Blessings to you all. I'm not sure if I'll get to post again or not. The internet is sketchy here, plus I have to ask one of Wendy's caretakers to borrow their computer.

See you friday!
Lori & Jeremy and Meghan & Wendy! :)


ps - This is what we got for dinner last night (and again tonight - frozen though)! Jeremy was excited . . . till we tasted the pizza. :( Oh well. After dinner the girls had a blast giggling and running around chasing each other!!

1 comment:

Doug and Steph said...

Hi guys!!! So glad to hear that you made it down there safe and sound. I cried (of course) reading about Wendy and Meghan playing together. It sounds like things are going great! We're praying right now for your appt. as it is in about 10 minutes! And we will continue to pray for everything to go smoothly. We're watching that hurricane and hoping it doesn't cause you too much trouble! Can't wait to see you guys! Love, The Taits