KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Wendy Elizabeth West West


Yes - that's what it says on her passport and visa - Wendy Elizabeth West West. :) When they called her name (Wendy West) to pick up the visa on Wed, she just smiled a big smile! :) They put the mom's and dad's last names on the birth certificate, passport and visa. Strange - I know. Let me back up though, as I haven't had internet access since Monday.

Monday night the staff prayed over us as a family - a blessing on Wendy, the adoption and our family in general. It was all in Spanish - but I think that's what they were praying. It sounded wonderful anyways. :)

We kept Wendy with us in our dorm room Monday night, as she had cried the day before when we took her back to her house. I'm glad she wanted to sleep with us. However, like most 3 year olds, when daddy said "It's time for bed!" she started to cry. We immediately prayed for her, and Meghan prayed against the spirit of fear that might be bothering Wendy. . . . and Wendy immediately stopped crying!! :) PTL! I was starting to think "why did we decide to bring her up here when we have to get up at 5 am tomorrow? I'm not going to get any sleep?" (selfish thoughts - I know - but that's what first went through my head as I knew it would be a looooong day on Tuesday). She slept great - only once did she moan a little in her sleep (and Meg responded in her sleep - "Yes - It's ok."). And somehow in the middle of the night they switched places in bed (they were sharing a double bed). :) But she didn't fall out of bed! This was her first time in a big bed (she had been in a crib still).

So Tuesday's appt went well - about 2 1/2 hours sitting in the embassy - with about 1 1/2 minutes of interviews. :) OK - maybe 5 minutes total - between 2 interviews. :) But we were approved for an IR3 visa (meaning she will come to the US as a US citizen)! :) Whoo-hoo!


We had to come back on Wednesday to pick up the visa and the yellow envelope that we can NOT open!! We are to give it to immigration in the US.


The rest of Tuesday we went to Burger King and then the beautiful zoo in Guatemala City!



Jeremy read a small sign in B.K. that said last month they only had a "40% infestation." :) Of what - I'm not sure?? I don't want to know. :)




The zoo was absolutely gorgeous, and our day was the same - sunny skies ALL day till we got back to the orphanage!!! God answered my prayers. We went with Wendy's housedad and his 3 girls, as well as the couple from Florida that I had met online, who were visiting their soon-to-be-adopted son Juanito (who came too).





Wendy and Meghan both loved the zoo! Wendy's favorite animal was the pink Flamingo



and Meghan like the Tapir (that seemed to like her too!).



At the end of our zoo tour, J got a banana split, Meg and Wendy got fruit bars (popsicles) and I got a wonderful Chocobanano!! Yum! That hit the spot on such a sunny day!


Tues night, Wendy cried again when we said it was almost time for bed, but because I was sitting in the dining room talking with the couple from Florida, I just held her, and she eventually fell asleep in my arms. She's a good snuggler! She did fall out of bed that night, but I had put pillows by the bed this time. :)

Wednesday Antonio took us to the Children's Museum and out for lunch at Pollo Campero before we went to the embassy.



We tried to go see a Star Wars Museum (of course!) - but it was closed. Both Antonio and Jeremy LOVE Star Wars (if you didn't already know)! There was a Lego room at the Children's Museum - and it had an R2D2 in it! :)


After the embassy we went to the church of some friends of ours, and they took us down to Antigua to spend the night with them. Their house, and Antigua are just beautiful. I wish we could have stayed in Antigua all week instead!! Very peaceful! Wendy cried again when she was going upstairs to our room with our friends (and I was tagging along behind) and she just wanted to snuggle and cry. She was exhausted (only a 10 minute nap that day), and in a strange place. We just rocked in a rocking chair and I prayed over her - again rebuking & binding any spirits of fear, sadness, etc that shouldn't be there, and again - she stopped crying right away. (noticing a trend here?) We snuggled a little, then I laid her down next to Meghan on a mattress by our bed. She stared at me for awhile, and then at Meghan, and then fell asleep within about 10 minutes. Yeah! :) She slept through the night fine and woke up happy! :)


Today we had breakfast on the porch, and then spent a couple hours sightseeing. We saw the ruins in Antigua via horse and carriage (VERY bumpy!!!),




went in an old convent,


and then went to the Market (not long enough though - only 45 minutes. I could be there for hours!), and to eat lunch at a beautiful coffee plantation!!!


Just breathtaking! I think this has convinced Jeremy that he could move here now! :) hee,hee.

The down side of this trip has been Wendy's diarrhea (yuck!) and Meghan vomiting last night (double yuck!). Wendy just caught something the other kids had in her house - it started the day before we got here. Meghan - ?? - she probably just ate something not too good for her (I hope that's all it was). She hasn't eaten much today, so we'll see.

OK - well I've written long enough I think! :) I had to catch on up the week's events though. Tonight we are going back to the church in Guatemala City (right by the airport) and will stay there in an apartment. Tomorrow J will help our friends with some technical (audio/visual/computer) stuff before we head to the airport around 11am for our 1pm flight. And then we will be home around 10:15 pm (I think that was the time). Yeah!!!! Home for good!

Thank you all for your prayers! It was a beautiful day in Antigua today - when it was originally supposed to be raining and miserable from a hurricane. We only got a slight drizzle all day yesterday - actually less rain than we had earlier in the week! So Felix was a bust here! PTL!!!

God bless you all! Pray for our safe return! See you on Friday (for those that are meeting us)!!

Lori, Jeremy, Meghan and Wendy!

No comments: