KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

No mas Wendy . . . Katie Giraffe!

Yes folks - our 3 year old has decided that she no longer wants to be called Wendy . . . . her name is now . . . Katie Giraffe! Or Katie Monkey-girl, or Sugar-booger, or . . . . . . basically anything silly! :) She's a goof-ball! But we love her still!!! :) hee,hee.

Yesterday I took her to Walmart and she got to ride in the shopping cart for the first time. She LOVED it! She just laughed and giggled whenever I turned, and especially when we went in the bumpy parking lot! I think it was tickling her butt!!! She couldn't stop laughing!

We are enjoying watching her experience her "firsts" - first time sleeping in her bed, first time pooping in her bed (diarrhea! Yuck!), first time putting toilet paper in the toilet (instead of the trash can like in Guatemala), first time not having to wear her "zapatos" (shoes) all day in the house, first time having to watch her siblings go to school and she had to stay home (there were tears involved with that), first time fishing with daddy and eating most of the hotdogs (bait), and many more! She's having to learn a lot of new things - or new ways of doing things. Today she wanted to clear my breakfast bowl and plate. I had eaten a half of a grapefruit. She decided to try to flush it down the toilet. I guess she figured, since you put TP in there, you must put other things too - like grapefruit rinds. :) hee,hee. I had the fun job of fishing it out. Thankfully there was nothing else in there to fish it out of! Yuck.

Well - just wanted to let you know that Wendy (Katie Giraffe) is doing well! She fits right in and acts as if she has been here a long time. She takes her naps well (no arguing at all - she even WANTS to take them!!), sleeps well, eats well, and loves playing with her siblings! Thank you guys for all your prayers for her and us! They have truly worked. Keep them up! I know this honeymoon phase will wear off some after awhile - but I hope it's still just as good around here then!

Blessings!
Lori :)

3 comments:

Bree said...

I'm soooo excited for you all! Thank you for letting us be part of this journey! I can't wait to meet miss Katie giraffe:) God bless you all! Congratulations!
with love! Bree, Scott & boys

Anonymous said...

Lori, I so enjoy reading your blog and hearing Wendy, or rather Katie Giraffe stories!! Love the part about the grapefruit..that is so funny! Keep the pics and stories coming!! She is adorable.
Brenda Montgomery

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Lori I had NO idea you guys were home (forgot my log in at KAS and haven't had time to "research" it to get in). I am SO EXCITED for you guys! It looks like you all are settling in so nicely!!! Congratulations on having your gorgeous little princess home. What do you think about FIVE KIDS? It's AWESOME but no one ever told me how busy it would be..fun busy! LOL