KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's a girl!!!

Some of you have already heard me screaming with joy today. Why was I screaming?

The news you have all been waiting for . . . . . . . . . (drum roll please) . . . . .

We have a daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
OK - so you know we already have a daughter. What I mean is . . .

We are out of PGN!!

What the heck is PGN? . . . . don't you know? . . . . Haven't you been reading my blog? :) Well, for those that have just been skimming through my lengthy posts . . . it's the Attorney General's court in Guatemala that decides the fate of our adoption. Mr. Barrios (the director/attorney general/whatever his title is) signed off on our case and approved us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But here's the funny thing . . . .

A month ago I put a donation widget on our blog, and I had to list an "end date" for the donations. I looked at the calendar and said "Hmm . . . I bet we'll get out on the 24th. That's a good date." So that's what I put (I later changed it as I started doubting last week). Even yesterday I woke up and said "OK Lord. Today's a good day to get out of PGN". But then I didn't hear anything all day. This morning around 11:10am, the phone rang and I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if that was Mandy calling me" (my case worker). And it was!!! She sounded happy - so I didn't think it was bad news. And it wasn't! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

So - we will travel in 4-6 weeks. Our lawyer needs to get Wendy's new birth certificate (with Wendy Elizabeth West on it!) and her passport. Then he can submit us to the US embassy for her visa appointment. When they make our appointment, they will issue us a PINK slip (our appt date) and we will travel 1 to 1 and a half weeks later!!! Can you believe it?!!! Wendy could be here by mid-August! No wonder I've been "nesting" these last 2 weeks! Our 15th Anniversary is on August 15th, and I can't think of a better present than to be able to travel down and bring our daughter home!!! For our 10th anniversary we got Jacob! :) What priceless gifts!

Please pray for us to travel in 4 weeks (or sooner)- before school starts. 6 weeks will be a crazy time to travel (don't want to miss the kids first days of school and I don't want to take Meg out of school to travel). Also pray for the remaining finances needed for this adoption. I know that God will provide! He has so far! God is good!!!

Well - folks . . . .stay tuned for the departure date! Thank you sooooooooo much for the many, many, many prayers, support and encouragement over these last 17 months. We have totally appreciated it and needed it!! It's still surreal that this part of the journey is almost over! I'm excited for what God will do next in our lives with Wendy home! God has good and perfect plans!

Blessings!
Lori :)

3 comments:

Gail said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news. It has been such a long journey for you and now it is almost over.
Praise God!!
Gail

Bree said...

YEAHHHHHHH! I can't wait to meet her! Your in your 9th month of the pregnancy! Delivery is coming:)

God bless you all! Lots of love-us!

Anonymous said...

LORI that's AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I'm praying pink comes REALLY fast! By the way, the day KAS called us with our out I said the same thing, "Wouldn't that be awesome if that was KAS and we were out?" And it was! :) (Bet you aren't surprised though since our journeys have been so similar..lol). So glad I found your blog now!

XOXOXOX
Kelly & the crew
www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com