KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

2 weeks away?

13 weeks today. . . .since we entered PGN. But - to be totally fair - it's only been 5 1/2 weeks since we were resubmitted. So - can I really complain? . . . . I can try. :) hee,hee. Actually - I found out that Mr. Barrios (the man who approves our adoption in GT) is signing off on cases that were last submitted around May 15th. We were logged in on June 1st (despite the lawyer taking it down there on May 21st) - so that means we are about 2 weeks away from being approved. . . . God willing. That's good news! :) Yeah! However, I can't count my chicks before the eggs hatch. You just never know with this adoption process. Even though some people have gotten through in 3-4 weeks recently (don't know how that happened . . .hmmmm . . .) - most people are getting through PGN in 8 weeks (if they didn't have a KO - and about 8 weeks after the KO). So - we are really right on target based on our last submit date.

Seeing as our fingerprints expire August 10th - there is really no way to be approved and get down to GT before the 10th - unless they approve us today or tomorrow or some time REALLY soon. It takes 4-6 weeks to get our visa appt - so more than likely, we will be going down to GT around the end of August. As much as it irks me that we have to pay $140 to have "valid" fingerprints for the last couple weeks of our adoption - it's ok. It's only $140 and a little time out of our schedules - and Wendy is worth WAAAAYY more than that!!!

Please pray we are approved soon; that we get "PINK" quickly (that's our visa appt), and that we can travel before school starts. Meg is coming with us, and I really don't want to have to take her out of school right at the beginning of the school year.
Continue to pray for the remaining finances. I'm not worried. Just want wisdom.
Pray for Jacob's right eyelid that is totally swollen with a huge stye! It is trying to come to a "head" and pop. Yuck. So - pray it either pops or goes away miraculously! We don't want him to have to have surgery like he did last summer.

Oh - I didn't tell you. God is so cool! I sent out several emails to some teams/people going down to Casa Bernabe soon, to see if any of them could take down Wendy's book and earrings for us. Only 1 person responded (well - since then a couple more have - but they couldn't take stuff). . . . and what a GOD connection it was!! It is a wonderful team from Ohio that will bring Wendy's things to her. One person on the team knew Wendy since when she first arrived, and is supposed to be sending me some pics of her!! Another woman (a fellow nurse) is hoping to adopt a little girl who lives above Wendy (it's a 2 story building), and another family is hoping to adopt an older boy from CB. Out of the 150+ kids there - we really only met one older child . . . and it was this boy! What are the chances? :) Anyways - I've been blessed (and hopefully these people have been blessed as well) at chatting with these people and getting to know them. They are a wonderful group of people! I have some more prayer warriors on my side in bringing Wendy home, and some possible connections to families who are adopting from Casa Bernabe (in case Wendy wants to meet any of her former friends, etc). God is so cool. He has reasons for our delays - and I am glad that He has used our delay in bringing Wendy home to be able to encourage and connect with others, and hopefully be a blessing. You never know what God will do with these relationships!

Thank you all for checking in us and for continuing to keep us in your prayers! We are so grateful!

Blessings
Lori :)

1 comment:

Nan and Dan said...

We had to redo our fingerprints at the very end and we did not have to pay the redo fee. Our uscis office told us that since we had a referral we did not have to pay. We went through tampa for ours. Maybe try getting in touch with your branch? We were able to get appts in two days and got our new approvals in one week.
good luck!