KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Monday, July 02, 2007

Approved by first reviewer!

Friday - we had just arrived at our campground to spend a weekend with nature, when my cell phone rang. :) (Hey - I have to still be in touch with the "real world" somewhat!) It was Mandy - our case manager with KAS. She was calling to update us. I was hoping to hear "You are out of PGN" . . . but we didn't. She did tell us that they had someone call PGN and get some info for us. They found out that we have been approved by the first reviewer, and are onto the second reviewer/advisor/whatever they are called. :) After an approval there - it has to be signed off by "the big man" and we are officially Wendy's parents (once the adoption decree is signed)! :) Yeah!!! We would travel about 4-6 weeks later. There's no way to say how long this second reviewer will take and if they will still kick us out at all for something. But - I hope it goes quickly.
So - it wasn't exactly the news I was hoping for - but it was still Great news and it made me happy! :) We're coming soon Wendy!!

On another happy note - I got the book today that I made for Wendy. I LOVE it! It's a hard covered book and it looks great! Now I just need to get it down to her.

We had fun camping at Westmoreland State Park in Virginia (about 3 hours from here). It has a beach that has a large concentration of fossils - shark's teeth, bones, etc. We had fun sifting the sand in and out of the water for the teeth and fossils. We found quite a few - even Jacob found one just washed up on the beach. :) However, the second day that I went looking, I was just about to leave, and I slammed my toe into a tree root and broke it (my toe - not the root)! Ouch! At least it happened at the very end of our trip. :) You have to climb a hilly trail to get back up from the beach - but thankfully the pain wasn't too bad until later when my toe started to bruise and swell. Overall, we had a great time (despite the rain at night). If you love "the hunt" of finding things (ie - seashells, fossils, shark's teeth, etc) - then you should check out this state park. You get to keep what you find (you can't do that in the National parks).

Well friends - thanks for praying. Keep it up! She's coming home soon! Hopefully by August! :)

Blessings!
Lori :)

1 comment:

Bree said...

Yeah! We're praying! I can't wait to hear when you are on your way to bring her home-it's coming-God has perfect timing-it His,not ours:) Lots of love! Maybe it will be when we visit????
PS-love the book!!