KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I did it . . . I couldn't wait . . .

Yes . . . I called PGN today. . . . I just had to know "something". The 2 people I spoke with (who spoke English quite well) were VERY nice and helpful! They even told me to call back in a week and a half! :) Basically I learned that our case is still being reviewed (I couldn't make out the name of our reviewer as he said it so fast. That's ok.) Our case was actually logged back in on June 1st. I asked if the reviewer would be done with our case in a week and a half - and the man I spoke with said "Um . . .I hope so" . . . but you never know. I won't hold my breath - but that sure would be nice! :) From what I've learned, there are 3 stages to PGN - the reviewer, the accessor (I think that was the term) and then Mr. Barrios himself (the main man who says Wendy is ours!). I don't know how long the next 2 "steps" take - but hopefully not as long as the first reviewer.
I was chuckling the other day when I was going through some initial paperwork I received from my 2 adoption agencies that I have worked with. Both of them said on their info sheets that PGN usually takes 2-4 weeks!!! LOL!!! Of course - just before we started our adoptin - it WAS taking only 2-4 weeks. Then Mr. Barrios was hired (I think it was spring 2006) - and everything slowed waaaaaaayyy down. I've heard it was to weed out the "not-so-ethical" lawyers/cases, etc. But who knows. Anyways . . .
It was good to hear something. It's hard to hear nothing for weeks on end. Even just a "yes, your case is still with the reviewer" is better than "we don't know where your case is - but I guess it's still with the reviewer". We also found out that we were KO'd on April 16th - 6 days after we entered PGN. So, for a month and a half we thought we were still in PGN, but we were not. We got our PA the beginning of May - so I'm not sure why it took 3-4 weeks to resubmit us - unless there was some tie-up with that "medical form" they needed to resubmit. Not even sure what that was about. I don't care. I'm just glad to know we are still being looked at. :)

Sorry that was so long - I just wanted to update you all and say . . . Yes . . I did it . . .I couldn't wait. . . .

Lori :)

No comments: