KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

11 weeks . . . where's my "waterfall"??!!

I didn't think I would ever had to say that we were in PGN for 11 weeks! It's been 3 1/2 weeks since our resubmit. No word. Nada. I may break down and call PGN myself to see what's going on with our case. :) I know it won't speed things up any - but at least I can get an idea of where we are at. I don't even know when we got KO'd. I would love to have that info. We'll see. I'm trying to remain patient - but as I've said before . . . I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL!!! I thought the vision of the "waterfall" would mean that we would have a speedy process . . . . but it must mean something else that we don't know about yet. Hmmm . . . . any ideas?? Anyone have any insight?? Oh well. Time will tell. In the meantime . . . . . . what have I been doing to keep busy - you ask??. . . . This:
I had a coupon for a free 8x8 book (only 20 pgs though . . . I went a little over that) from ordering something from Shutterfly - so I thought I would take advantage of it. I was just going to send down some of the photos we took from our trip - but this is much better. :) Now I just need to figure out how to get it down to her. Not sure if I trust the mail system. I'm trying to find someone who is going down there soon to take it to her. (Just found out our agency director was down there last week. :( Oh well. She may have not even gone to Casa Bernabe on this trip). If I can't find anyone - then we'll just have to bring it when we pick her up. :) If you click on the book it should take you to the website to see the whole thing.

Keep praying folks! Pray for my patience (the days are getting longer and longer!!!). Pray for our paperwork to be approved quickly. Pray for Wendy's protection (she still hasn't gotten the Chicken Pox - despite 2 rounds of it going around the Baby House). Pray for the remaining finances we still need (and for wisdom for us to know how to come up with those finances). Just pray! Thanks so much! You don't know how much it means to me to know that you all are praying!!!

Oh - it was cute - Wendy's caretaker said that everyday when Wendy looks at the kids with Chicken pox, she says "I don't itch. I don't hurt". :) I think she feels bad for the kids, and is a bit surprised she doesn't have the same thing. :) Bless her heart! Her caretaker also said that they have been trying to teach her to say that Jesus is in her heart (corizon) - but she keeps saying that he is in her "calzon" . . . her "underwear"! :) Don't you just love it when kids are learning how to say things?! :)

It looks like we will probably have to get our fingerprints redone anyways. Even if we got out of PGN TODAY - we would have to travel in less than 5 weeks - which would be pushing it. Normally it takes 4-6 weeks to go get your child once you are out of PGN. There are a few other little things that have to be done after approval (ie - new Birth Certificate, visa appt, etc). We have to have current fingerprints in order to pick up our little girl . . . . so . . . . it's off to pay the gov't $140 for fingerprints . . . that they already have on file!!??? Don't you just love our gov't? :) Wouldn't it make more sense to just do a file check on our fingerprints to make sure we haven't committed any crimes in the last 15 months? My fingerprints haven't changed any. I know it's got to be some "brilliant" idea some over-paid gov't official came up with to help "raise money" for his salary. :) Whatcha think?? :) . . . . OK . . . . I'll stop criticizing. I'm sure there is some "good" reason for having to redo fingerprints in 15 months. . . . . . . . But why does this 171h expire at 18 months? That doesn't make sense. Unless it is to give a 3 month processing time for our "new" fingerprints before they have to send you a new 171h. ???? Again . . . . . . . oh well.

Blessings to you and your family today! I pray you are enjoying your summer!

Lori :)

2 comments:

Nan and Dan said...

We had to redo our fingerprints just before we got out of pgn and the lady at uscis told us we did not have to pay for them as we had a referral already.
they got us in within a day and we had our new approval in a week.
we used tampa uscis.
Nancy

Lori and Jeremy West said...

Nancy-
Thanks. I'll look into it! That would be awesome to not have to pay the fees again.
I saw your beautiful little girl on your blogs! I LOVE all that hair she has!! Congrats on your newest addition!

Lori :)