KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hola Mami

That sweet, slighly raspy, 3 year old voice of our little girl just brings a smile to my face and a warmth in my heart! "Hola Mami." she says so quitely and sweetly. "I love you. I miss you." she says - repeating what she is told to say by her caretaker. I don't care if she has to be told to say it - I just love hearing it!!

Talking to a 3 year old on the phone is always an interesting adventure. I can't see her shake her head "yes" and "no" to things I say - but I can imagine. . . .at least I hope she is understanding my mix of English and Spanish. :) Her caretaker says she seems to understand what we are saying . . . . she just doesn't communicate much in English on her own. She will - one day. At least she can understand us some. That will help when she comes home. And when will that be???? . . . . . time will tell. Keep praying that it is this summer! That's my desire. But God knows - and it's all in HIS hands.

We were told that they posted the pictures we sent (printed on a sheet of paper) up by Wendy's bed. She loves to look at it every naptime, night and morning. She gets excited seeing the pictures of herself with her "Mami y Papi" and the pictures of her "hermanos y hermana" (brothers and sister). I love it that she sees us every day - before she goes to sleep and when she wakes up. I see her too - every day - on my computer, in my bedroom, in the living room, in the kitchen . . . . . . OK - I know I take too many pictures! :) It keeps me going each day.

The last few days have been hard. I am feeling like a pregnant woman in her 9th month - or at least the end of the 8th month - anxiously waiting for "the day" - the day we go into labor . . . . the day we get the call telling us we are out of PGN! I want to hold my little girl. I want to sing with her. I want to pray with her, read her stories, take her to the pool, tickle and wrestle with her, and be her "Mami" EVERY day! I just want her home! . . . . . one day . . . . I just don't know when.

Well - pray for the kiddos in Wendy's house. Quite a few of them have come down with Chickenpox. Wendy hasn't - but with 21 babies/kids in the house - I bet she'll get it soon enough. :) Pray for all their health. Thanks!

Blessings!

Lori :)

No comments: