KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Thursday, June 07, 2007

D-Day!

I meant to post yesterday - but time slipped away from me.

Yesterday was D-Day. Did we hear anything? . . . . acutally . . . . we did (after I emailed our agency)! :) No - we are not out of PGN (the attorney general's court) for good - but I did find out that we DID get a KO (kick out) from PGN at some point. My case worker didn't know when. The lawyer said we got a KO for the missing PA (pre-approval) and for needing an updated medical report (on Wendy, I assume). Our case was supposed to be resbumitted on May 31st - last Thursday! So - as of today, we have been back in PGN for 1 week! The next call we will receive will either be - "You are out of PGN (and the adoption is approved)" - or - "You have been KO'd again and you have to fix . . . .". Please pray that we get the 1st phone call . . . .and soon! :) Sometimes it can take just as long for the case worker to review your file and pass it on to the head of PGN for approval, as it did before the 1st KO. I've been told our case goes to the bottom of the pile (for our specific reviewer) after a KO and resubmit. I'm really not totally sure HOW it all works down there. I've seen some people get through PGN in less than a week, and others - it takes over a year! There's just no way to tell. Too many variables that can affect the length of time your case takes. I'd love to be a fly on the wall down there. :)

So . . . Happy News yesterday!!! I was praying that I would hear we had already been KO'd and resubmitted!! And that's what I got. NOW my prayer is that we will get our approval before June is over! Our fingerprints (and 171H form from the USCIS) expire on August 11th - and I think we would have to redo them. The USCIS is increasing their fees by about 84% (on some things) around the end of July. I really don't want to have to dish out more money to prove that we are still good, upstanding citizens without any criminal record and are able to adopt a child. PLUS - I just want her home!!! I want to enjoy some of the summer with her here. We'll see. But just as D-Day (the battle of Normandy) was the beginning of the end of World War 2 - this is the beginning of the end of this "war" . . . the spiritual battle to bring our daughter home!! :) Please join us in "battling" for her freedom!

Prayer requests:
1. Process - For a speedy approval from PGN - and then a speedy process to get her new BC (birth certificate), passport and visa appointment (our "PINK slip").
2. Provision - For the remaining finances we need to pay once we are out of PGN (about $6,000) and for the travel expenses for myself, Jeremy, Meghan and then Wendy on the return trip ($2500-3500). I believe we have about $1000 towards those - possibly more (I need to do my budget and see).
3. Protection (spiritual, physical, emotional, etc) - for Wendy and our family here - as we get closer and closer to bringing Wendy home.
4. Preparation - of Wendy's heart and mind as well as our family here too - for the transition and changes that are coming. Pray that Wendy will adjust easily, and that we will have wisdom to know how to pray and how to help her with the grief she will experience in leaving her "home" and "family".
5. Praise - for all that God has done this last year and a half in our adoption journey, in our family, in our walk with the Lord, in our personal lives, etc. Praise Him for all He has done and is currently doing in your own life!! GOD IS GOOD! . . . . . ALL THE TIME!

I figured I'd do some alliteration. :) Did you like it? It may help you to remember what we need prayer for. :) Anyways . . .

Thanks for all your support and encouragement! You are truly a blessing to us! Thanks for walking with us on this long road and exciting adventure. We are nearing the end . . . but it will really just be the beginning!!! :) PTL!

Blessings today and always!
Lori :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

How wonderful Lori. I was going to call you today and see if you heard anything. I'm glad I checked here :) I am just so happy. Meghan is going with you two to pick Wendy up? That should be so fun. She will finally be with her sister! I bet Meghan has a bunch of 'girly' stuff planned for Wendy. I'm so happy for you and Jeremy.