KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Friday, August 10, 2007

Getting closer . . . and Juanito

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I was hoping that this week I would be posting that we had been submitted to the US Embassy. :( Unfortunately . . . we did not get that news. That means that now it is looking like we won't be in Guatemala till the last week of August at the earliest - but more likely it will be September. Not what I wanted at all. I REALLY wanted to go down the week of August 20th - be home the week before school started - so we could spend a little time all together as a family before all the kids started school. Doesn't that sound like a good plan to you? :) Me too. God has other plans though - evidentally.

The one benefit of going the first week of September - would to be able to finally meet (in person) my friend Kris - who I met online and is adopting adorable little Juanito from Wendy's orphanage. They are going down to visit him then. You can check out her blog at http://www.4juanito.blogspot.com/. Their local paper did a story on them - click here - or find it on their blog. You can see video footage of Juanito (taken by us) and some video of Kris and her family. Please pray for their adoption. Juanito has a heart condition that needs surgery - so we are praying that their adoption goes quickly. Pray that he stays healthy too. Speaking of which . . .
Many of you got an email from me earlier this week asking for prayer for the babies at Wendy's orphanage. There is a nasty respiratory virus (worse than bronchitis - so I've been told) going around - and it has hit the littlest babies the hardest. There are about 20 babies in that house & several of them have to be on a nebulizer 3 times a day. The caretakers need prayer - to take care of all these kiddos, to stay healthy, and to get more help. Everyone needs prayer to stay/get healthy. Keep praying. It's not good for Juanito especially. Pray for his protection and health. I called and talked with Wendy this week - and she sounded a little congested - but not too bad. But still pray for her health as well. It just makes me want to go down and rescue her and bring her home now!

Well - today has been a slightly "down" day for me (too hormonal I think). With hearing that we haven't been submitted yet, and knowing that it will be even longer to go get Wendy, and having a dream last night of Wendy hugging me saying "I've missed you soooooo much", and it being Friday (ie - meaning no news for at least another 3 days) . . . . . I've held back the tears today. I just want to get on a plane tomorrow and be with my little girl till she can come home. I wish all my kids had passports (and we had the money) - and I would totally take us all down there tomorrow. :) . . . . . ahhh . . I can dream, eh? Some of my yahoo forum "friends" have done just that. I'm jealous.

So . . . . . Please pray for:
-Me (and J - and the kiddos here)
-Wendy (her health and protection - and her transition to our home/family)
-Juanito (and the Dreyer's who are adopting him)
-The orpahange to get Wendy's Birth Cert and passport QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!
-To be submitted to the US Embassy (in Guatemala) for our visa appointment
-For our remaining finances (I should find out soon how much we have left to pay)

Thank you guys! You are a blessing!!

Lori :)

No comments: