KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Saturday, August 18, 2007

In the Embassy!!!

Most of you know this already (as I couldn't help but scream for joy . . . via email of course) - but . . . . . .
We are currently IN THE EMBASSY!!! Well - our case is. . . . . . waiting for PINK - the pink slip they issue stating the date and time of your visa appointment to bring your little one home. We were submitted on Thursday - but I found out Friday morning. This has been a good week (on top of celebrating our 15th Anniversary, going to Busch Gardens with the kids, and celebrating 2 kids' b-days)!

I had not heard anything from my agency since last week when they said that Casa Bernabe was responsible for getting Wendy's new Birth Certificate and passport - and that they had not done that yet. :( I emailed them again early this week. On Wed I my case worker finally had news for us that CB did get Wendy's BC and passport!! Yeah. I also heard from Wendy's housedad that he had gone to pick it up on Monday. It is a happy time for him, but sad as well - as he loves Wendy and has been her "Papi" for 2 years. I can't even imagine having to let these little ones go that you have helped to raise and that you love. It's got to be hard. The only other option is to distance yourself from them - emotionally,etc - but then they don't get the love they need. God bless Antonio and Carmen for loving those kids!

So Wendy has a B.C. and passport that say "Wendy Elizabeth West" on it! Kind of cool, eh? :) They automatically put her first and middle names (that she currently has) and her new last name on the documents. Then when she comes home - if we want to change her name, we would fill out the appropriate forms here to do that. We are still talking about adding Kathryn in there - either first or middle name. But I really feel we need to talk to Wendy about it - so that may be awhile. We'll see. No matter what her name is - we love her!!! Maybe Kathryn is supposed to be for our next child. . . . . . um . . . . did I just say "next child"?? . . . . . hmm . . . . I'm leaving that one up to God. :) You just never know. Now that I'm no longer in the "4-no-more" club - and adding 1 more just means it's still just as chaotic here as before . . . . . what's the big deal about adding one more? :) Though - we would definitely need a 12 passenger van then! :) J wants one already. It would be nice to have more space in the van. That's for sure.

Well - that's about it for now. We are waiting to hear from the embassy about our date to travel. It usually takes a week to hear back - though I heard rumors that the embassy might be closed next week for some training?? Can't find that anywhere online though. I'm looking into that! I hope not - or at least I hope it doesn't affect them issuing me my PINK slip next week. So . . . we could travel in 2 weeks . . . or 3-4 weeks . . . . we'll see. But - it WILL be soon!!! Yeah!

Blessings
Lori :)
ps - Thank you to everyone who was praying for Wendy, her caretakers and the babies in the baby house last week. I have not called again or heard how everyone is doing - but I am believing they are getting better. I will probably call again this weekend. Keep praying for their health and safety! And keep praying in the remaining funds we need for this adoption! God is so good and faithful - but we always have to do our part! God bless you for doing yours!!! You are a blessing!

No comments: