KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Referral

Well - on Wednesday we received an e-mail from a friend of mine (in response to a question I had for her). Near the end of her e-mail she stated "I can see the sun coming up!". This is in reference to a vision she shared with us of Jeremy and I looking towards the horizon for our daughter. At first we were just looking - seeing nothing, then a few weeks ago (again out of the blue) she told us that we were watching the first rays of light coming over the horizon (the dawn), and that when we were fully aligned and ready that we would start to see the sun come up. I had told her I was tired of looking at the dawn! I wanted to see the sun (our daughter)! So when she said "I can see the sun coming up" - I thought "yah, yah - we're getting closer with our paperwork . . . but no sun showing up here yet".
Just a few minutes later I opened another e-mail from Tony Brewer (head of AHH) saying that I should be expecting an e-mail or call from one of their Family Advocates about some news from the Guatemalan attorney. Needless to say - I got very excited! Would I see the "sun" today?! Do they have a referral for us? I checked my e-mail and phone all day long. . . . . . . Nothing. :( I was quite bummed.
The next morning (thursday - May 11th) I sent an e-mail to the family advocate asking about what the news was. I left her my cell number as we had to leave that afternoon to go to Norfolk for our FBI fingerprints. She happened to call me just as we were pulling in near the Dept of Homeland Security. She said that they did have a little girl that just became available if we would like to see her info. . . . . . . . . . duh?! Of course! :)
I couldn't wait to get home and check it out! She is 2 years and 8 months old. I won't give out any more info at this time until we have a chance to really pray and hear from the Lord on this matter. Please pray with us. We want to find "our daughter" and we want this little girl to find her new parents. Is that us? I'm not sure yet. At times I think so, and I feel a peace about it, but then other times I start to question. It feels strange to be making such a long-term, life-changing decision based on a few photos and some very basic/scant medical and family info. I never had to do that with my other kids. This is a new experience for us - that's for sure!
Thanks again for all your support. Continue to pray for us as well as the whole process (paperwork, finances, etc). I can feel the enemy trying to attack and destroy - or at least confuse and hinder - at times. It usually seems to happen when our social worker is about to come over. She's been over twice - and both times have been preceeded by some interesting events and frustrations. I'm praying alot - that's for sure! The devil definitely doesn't want us to rescue a little girl and see her grow up to be a godly woman! Help us fight this battle.
That reminds me - I wanted to attach a good article a friend of mine wrote about this spiritual battle over adoption. I will see if I can get her permission and post it for you. It may open your eyes and help you to understand more about the need for more Christians to adopt.
Take care you all! God bless.
Lori :)

No comments: