KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Declined

What a week! Despite the fact that we had to make a major life decision to make about the little girl referred to us, we also had our last home study visit yesterday (sat 20th), Ryan was home sick off and on all week, Meghan broke her left arm in gymnastics, and my car is having "issues". We were in need of some prayer this week!
Well, as you can guess, we declined the little girl. Even though I was falling in love with such a cutie, there was never really a peace about her being our daughter . . . from anyone (friends, family and hubby). It was hard to say "no" and pass her up, but I know it was the right thing to do. She is meant to be a blessing to another family, and I surely don't want to take that away from them (or her). I completely trust God that our little girl is still out there. I was hoping for a sign (an e-mail from the orphanages, our adoption agency . . . someone), but I think that God was wanting us to go on faith and trust Him. It's easy to let go of something when you have something else to hold onto. It's not as easy when you don't and are just trusting it will be there at the right time. God is increasing our faith to even greater levels with each phase of this adoption - that's for sure!
Thank you all for your support and encouragement. Thanks to those that were honest about what they felt the Lord was showing them (about the referral). Thanks for allowing us to go through the process of giving in to God's plan without an "I told you so" to us. :)
So . . .
We are about to start the waiting game. When our homestudy comes back - we will send it off to get our I 171 H letter. Then, that letter, our homestudy and all the other wonderful documents we have so painstakingly pulled together and notarized, will be sent to the Secretary of State and then the Guatemalan Consulate for VA (have I already told you all this?). THEN - it will go to A Helping Hand, and will eventually get down to Guatemala (all translated) to go through the court systems down there. If all goes well, we should have our homestudy around the beginning of June. So, depending on how long the INS/FBI people take - I'm hoping to get our I 171H by the end of June or beginning of July . . . send off to state/consulate/agency . . . hopefully it will all be there sometime in July (August at the latest). At least - that's MY Plan! :) I know God has His own plan! So we'll see what happens. . . . . Then after it gets to Guatemala, it usually takes 4-7 months for that process. Maybe around November - February at the latest (I really hope not!!) we will have our daughter home! I am hoping she will be here before Christmas! Pray with me - ok? Even sooner would be fine as well! :)
God bless you today . . . in all your adventures (no matter how mundane they may seem)!
Blessings - Lori :)

No comments: