KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Friday, February 09, 2007

Katie's COA . . . I mean . . . COF is here!!

Your prayers have worked!! Yes - can you believe it?! Our agency has finally been able to get ahold of her COA (Certificate of Abandonment) - which we affectionately call - her COF - Certificate of FREEDOM!! :) We got the wonderful news yesterday and we are now able to sign and send our POA (Power of Attorney) down to Guatemala and actually START the adoption process!! Woo-hoo!! What an answer to prayer!

Our director was trying to get in touch with the orphanage director or social worker down in Guatemala, for quite awhile. It wasn't until last week that we finally started to get some "movement" on this journey (probably due to your prayers!). I had a hard time when Feb. 3rd came and went. That marked 3 months since our referral of our daughter - with N-O-T-H-I-N-G happening. I felt like our boat (going down the river) was just stuck - stalled - not going anywhere. I didn't know if we were still moving forward or not.
On Tuesday, Jan 30th, I was praying over this situation, and I felt God led me to Joshua 1:11 -
". . . 'Get your supplies ready. Three days from now you will cross the Jordan here to go in and take possession of the land the Lord your God is giving you for your own.' "
I didn't know if this was going to be a literal 3 days or just an encouragement that we would get to accept the referral of our little girl very soon. But I did feel that it was an encouragement from the Lord to get ready.
The next day (Wed) I got an email from our director saying that she had gotten in touch with the social worker in GT and that things were "moving" - that the SW was going to look into where Wendy's COA and paperwork was. Woo-hoo! :) Yeah! We thought we would hear something back that day or even on Thursday. So . . . when I didn't hear anything by Friday, I was quite sad. Saturday I spent some time praying about it all again and reading more from Joshua. This time vs 13 stood out - " . . . 'The Lord your God is giving you rest and has granted you this land.' " There were some other things in the next two chapters that had me worried (would I have to help others find their "rest" and "land" before being able to "go back and occupy" my own land . . . ."toward the sunrise") - and so I talked with a friend on Sunday after church.
I shared my heart with her and the scriptures and she got excited as I read vs 13 as that was a verse God used to help her totally relinquish her adoption process over to God. It is both a permanent statement (he HAS granted you this land) and a continuing process (he IS GIVING you rest). I knew this - but I just wasn't feeling the "rest" at the moment as I was frustrated at the lack of movement on the part of the people involved (or lack of communication). She prayed with me and God really poured His peace into me. It is HIM that I need to trust - not the people, not the situation . . . just HIM! If He can create this whole complex world, He can surely cause our adoption process (and all those involved) to go as HE has planned!

He also gave me some clarity on the vision He showed me before - about our boat on the river going through a narrow opening between 2 large, expansive slabs of rock. Jeremy has always thought the rocks meant danger. I always thought they meant difficulties along the adoption process - in the vision I got the sense that people didn't think we would fit between the rocks . . . but we did - just perfectly. The rocks extended all the way to the edge where a waterfall awaited us - a scary, fast, yet exciting waterfall that we ride down to a calm pool of water below. I have been asking God for some time - What do the rocks and waterfall represent? Are we there yet? Where are we on this "river"?
He led me to Pslams 62 - esp. vs. 1&2, 5-8. "My soul finds rest in God alone . . . He alone is my rock. . . my fortress, I will never be shaken . . . my hope comes from him . . . he is my rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times . . . pour out your hearts to him for God is our refuge."
In the notes of my Bible for the verses in Joshua it said that "rest" is an important OT term - meaning a secure border . . . peace with neighboring countries . . . no threat of harm to life . . . etc. What God was showing me was that He was giving me "rest" - a secure border, no threats, etc - and what was that "rest" found in . . . the "ROCK". The rocks represented GOD - surrounding us on all sides - protecting us, making a secure border, guiding us down the river EXACTLY where He wanted us to go (no chance of us veering off), and staying with us till the very end (the waterfall). These rocks cannot be moved! It is a permanent path we are floating down! We have no paddles (and couldn't use them even if we did) - so we just need to sit back and REST! WOW! This gave me so much peace!
I am soooo glad that I know God and that I trust His ways for my life! He has never let me down, and His plans and ways have ALWAYS been perfect for me. I may not always enjoy the paths He takes me down - but they are for my good and I am thankful for them!

So . . . what's next? Well . . . more waiting. :) hee,hee. We are now just waiting for our agency to get the POA authenticated and down to Guatemala, and then the lawyer(s) can start the process in GT. How long that will take is anyone's guess. I am praying it will be fast like that waterfall!! :)

Please pray that:
1. Our POA gets to GT and logged in/registered VERY SOON!!!! This is important!
2. That the rest of our process in GT goes quickly and smoothly - that our paperwork will get in the right hands (speedy social workers and reviewers).
3. God would continue to bless our finances for this adoption.
4. God will not let anything hinder Wendy/Katie from coming home this year!
5. God will orchestrate things in GT to see that adoptions are ethical, compassionate and in the best interest of the children. There has been talk for some time of the US (or even GT) gov't stopping adoptions from GT to the US. We want to see changes that will benefit the children (relinquishements and especially the abandonment cases).

God bless you all today and this week! Thank you for all your prayers! I KNOW they have made a difference, and I have felt the peace that has come with those prayers! We truly appreciate and value your support through this amazing journey! How blessed Wendy/Katie is to have so many prayer warriors on her side to bring her home!!

Bless you a hundred-fold!!

Lori :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Lori,
I am so excited that God has revealed the rest of your vision! How wonderful! I am also thrilled that the COF :) was taken care of. God is moving. Sit back and enjoy the ride.