KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Sunday, January 28, 2007

No word . . . yet

Many of you have been asking me . . . "So . . .any news? What's the latest?"

I'm sad to say . . . there isn't any news and we don't know when there will be. We have been in a holding pattern for almost 3 months now . . . doing N-O-T-H-I-N-G. . . .but waiting. The adoption process is full of alot of waiting (as is much of life in general) - so we expected to have to wait. Truthfully - we are at peace. We pray every day for her Certificate of Abandonment (that we now call her Certificate of Freedom . . . doesn't that sound better?!) will be signed and released to the orphanage, but we know it's all in God's hands and His timing. The part that is frustrating is not getting ANY info from the orphanage director. I would love a monthly email (at the least) saying - "we don't have her COA yet - but the lawyer has been down to check on it twice" or something like that. . . . . .anything to show me that something is being pursued and that they haven't forgotten about us and our adoption. :) Is that asking too much? . . . . I guess so.
The pics and video that my friends brought back with them have kept me going for the last month! I am soooo appreciative of that! Anyways - here are my prayer requests:

1. Wendy/Katie's COA (COF) to be signed and in the orphanage's hands THIS WEEK!!!
2. Better communication between the orphanage and us (or even our to our agency).
3. Finances - we still need around $7-9,000 (it depends on cost of travel - whenever we finally get to go get her!). PTL for what He's provided so far!!
4. Continued peace in our hearts while we wait for our daughter. The enemy can try to sneak into our thoughts and cause doubt - but we KNOW that Wendy Elizabeth is OUR DAUGHTER! :) So . . . . we wait. . . . . .

Thank you all for your prayers and support! Let us know how we can pray for you! God can do miracles through prayer!! He has already.

Bless you all today and this coming week! I am praying for miracles to happen!

Lori :)

No comments: