KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pregnant 1 year?! Is it possible?

Yes folks . . . .
We have been "pregnant" for 1 whole year today! :) It was a year ago today that God showed us (through Jeremy's dream) that we have a daughter in Guatemala! If you haven't heard the story - just find (or click here) The Dream post from April of 2006. It's an amazing story!
I never thought, in my wildest dreams, that we would be spending this 1 year anniversary WITHOUT our little girl home. Last year someone mentioned that maybe we would have her home in June 2007 (in reference to a mention of D-Day in J's dream - which is June 6th) - and my response was "I HOPE NOT! I want her home THIS June (of 06)!" . . . . . As you can guess - I would GLADLY bring her home THIS June 07!! :) We'll see. That would still qualify under the "miracle" heading right now though. But God COULD do it if He wanted.

As for the latest developments. Thank you for all who have been praying about all the possible changes/announcements (of the Protocol of Good Practice), etc and how that might affect our adoption process. Keep praying. As of now, things have died down in Guatemala in regards to all that - but it can always rear it's ugly head again at any time. Let's pray it doesn't. Let's pray that the gov't and those in authority/the decision makers, will figure out a way to become complaint with the Hague treaty without jeapordizing the welfare of thousands of orphans and children! That should be their main concern - but unfortunately, it isn't always the case.

Keep praying for our process too - that nothing will hinder it from going forward quickly and smoothly. We are still waiting for the English translation of Wendy's COA and for our POA (Power of Atty) to be fully authenticated and sent down to Guatemala. Hopefully we will have all that done by next week sometime. We'll see. . . . .THEN . . . . it's FINALLY time to start the adoption process in GT!!! Man! For alot of people - that part of the process is the longest and most emotionally nerve-wracking time . . . . but it already feels like I've gone through so much so far . . . . and we haven't even STARTED the GT side of things! Maybe that will benefit me and make it seem like the GT "waiting" isn't as bad! :) I've been waiting for 3+ months with "nothing" happening till lately - so I think we'll make it through the rest. Oh yeah - and it looks like (according to her COA) there is a good chance that the rest of the process won't take the 2+ years, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-8 months (avg - 6-7 mo's). Yeah!!!!

I would also ask for prayer for us to be able to go visit Wendy in April. We are asking God to make it all work out - financially, childcare related, etc. Right now I am a bit overwhelmed just thinking about all the hoops to jump through just to get down there. If we had a ton of money (and all my kids had their passports) I would just buy tickets for them all and hop on the plane tomorrow! :) But at $600-700+ a ticket . . . . I don't think so. :) Anyways - just pray that we can go visit her soon. My heart is aching to see her, hold her, snuggle with her, let her get to know us and to know that we love her sooooo much. Thanks guys!

Well - that's about it for now! Thanks for checking in and for praying for us. We always need it! Don't be afraid to tell us what you need prayer for! I LOVE praying for people! I LOVE seeing God at work through prayer! K?!

Blessings!
Lori :)

No comments: