KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Monday, October 23, 2006

Ana Julia has found her family!

Nope - not with us! :) My friends have prayed over her for a couple weeks, and God has answered all their requests for confirmations! One of the coolest confirmations came right after my friend had prayed.

They had received a call last year on Sept 10th in the middle of the night from someone in China (twice I believe). It was so strange that they prayed about it and felt that that date held significance - maybe their little Chinese daughter's b-day?! They have scoured the special needs lists for any little girl with a Sept 10th b-day. They never found one. Well, just this past week, after praying, they got a call from Lucy at KAS and she had more info on Ana Julia. Her b-day was . . . . . . Sept 10th!!! Can you believe it? Also, God had told them that their next little girl's name would mean "grace" . . . which is what Ana means! :) Isn't God cool?! Had they received their Chinese referral before now - they wouldn't have thought twice about this little girl, I'm sure, and if WE had accepted a referral sooner, we would not have heard about Ana Julia at all!! God sure works in mysterious but perfect ways!! He has opened door after door for our friends - but they have one last hurdle to cross- getting the blessing from their current agency. Please pray that their agency will not have a problem with them pursuing this adoption while they continue to wait for their chinese daughter. Also pray for Ana Julia as she is severely chronically malnourished (18 pounds at 2 years old!). The ES orphanage caregivers also do not like AJ much as she is mixed racially with curly black hair and they think she is the ugliest child there. :( She's FAR from ugly!! Very cute - but sad and timid looking. Pray for her protection and that God will send someone who can love on her and protect her! I know God is watching over her - but someone in the flesh can do wonders for a child! Pray that her case is able to move at a quick pace withought problems! And pray for the finances to afford this second adoption. 1 income - 2 adoptions!! Thanks so much!

So, as for us - we are still waiting. Pray for Lucy as she is down El Salvador (and Guatemala I think) this past weekend (?and into this week). Pray for her safety and for divine appointments.
Pray for our daughter - whoever and where ever she is! I know God's timing is perfect! I just want her to be safe until we can go get her!

Pray for our finances still. We are having our garage sale on Nov. 4th (pray for warm weather!!) - and we still need donations and volunteers (and shoppers). A co-worker from J's work has also agreed to host a Mary Kay fundraiser for us (till Nov. 15th only). I will list the details in a separate post for you! Consider helping us out - or pass on the fundraising info to those you know! The more the word gets out, the better!

Blessings to you all! We are so appreciative for everyone who has supported us (in every way) during this exciting adventure!

Lori :)

ps - for those that have been praying for Tyler (our oldest son) - he went up for prayer at church at the beginning of October, and we had launched an all-out prayer attack on the enemy (who has been causing many of Ty's problems). I can honestly say - I am seeing a different kid!! I don't recognize this much more mature, kind, and more stable 11 year old - but I like it! :) He has been playing sooooo nicely with his siblings (esp. 4 year old Jacob, who he couldn't stand before because "he gets into my stuff") and his anxiety attacks have lessened tremendously! He's had almost 2 solid good weeks at school!!! Yeah! PTL! I even debated on whether to start him on the medicine - but decided to go ahead as it is a low dose and it might help some as he is learning to use the new coping skills we are teaching him (and while we are praying!). Praise God for the miracles he's doing and the ones to come!! Keep on praying for God to complete the healing and transformation in Tyler! In church they prayed that he would have the strength of Sampson and full of compassion!! I'll claim that! :)

No comments: