KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Edited versions & latest news

Well folks -
I have edited the 2 entries ("a weird turn of events", and " . . .part 2"). If you hadn't read them before, that's ok as you just won't know what you missed (a good reason to be checking my blog more often - hunh?! :) hee, hee.). If you have read them before - just keep it all in prayer. Thanks. I'm trying to be considerate of other's personal lives, but still letting you guys know about my personal adoption journey - and that included our last referral. Anyways - I'm movin on! I wonder what God will think up next to entertain me. I'd be ok if things were a bit quiet for awhile. I might even get some cleaning done around the house! :) hee, hee. . . . . well, maybe not! :)

So - what is new with you all? Drop me a line sometime. I'm thrilled that you guys are reading my blog and interested in our adventures - but I would love to hear yours as well! :)

As for the latest on the Adoption front:

A big THANK YOU to all who have helped us out so far financially (esp. the recent donation to our paypal acct . . . you know who you are!!)! You all are a blessing and I pray that God will bless you back a 100 fold!!

We are still selling the Entertainment books till the beginning of December. The coupons in them are good till Nov. 2007 - and many of them have a "Repeat savings" feature which allows you to print more of the same coupon online (like the Portsmouth Children's Museum! My kids love that place.)! And don't forget - when you register your book online, you will be able to print out a $25 gift certificate for one of many (over 150) restaraunts in our area (maybe more wherever you live) - so it's like getting the book for free! :) You don't have to live in the Hampton Roads area to buy one. They have many books for all over the country! Try it out and help out our adoption!

We are also looking into having a yard sale on Oct 7th at my mom's house (5208 Canoe Landing, VB) in Lake Christopher. We are looking for donations for the sale (and volunteers as my mom will actually be out of town that weekend!). If that day doesn't work out, we may have it on Nov 4th at our house. I'll let you know. If you want to volunteer to help, or have things to donate - let us know soon! We'd really appreciate it! We'll be selling the Entertainment books at the yard sale as well. So come by and get one! :)

We have applied for a couple grants, and are in the process of filling out a few more applications. Haven't heard anything yet, and I'm not sure if we will get any grants - but it never hurts to try. We may even try to set up an account to accept donations that offer a tax deduction for the donors. I just haven't gotten that far in my paperwork yet (with all the excitement/drama this last week).

Oh yeah - and we are starting to collect ink jet and laser toner cartridges to recycle as part of our fundraising efforts. If you have any old ones you'd like to donate, let us know. That's better than just throwing them in the trash! :)

Ok - I know that was alot about money -but that's just where we are at right now. . . . waiting for a referral, and praying & strategizing about how we will pay for the referral and adoption. :) Sorry if I bored ya!

Thanks for all your prayers. Continue on! The battle is not over, and I expect more bumps and jostles along the way! Our boat ride down the river may have some rapids along the way - and that's ok! I trust my Guide! Hope you do too!

Blessings on you and your family today!
Lori :)

No comments: