KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Heaven Bound!

What an awesome day today is!! The Angels are rejoicing in Heaven today and God had to use his pen (or quill . . . or magic marker . . . whatever he uses)! Why? Becuase our darling daughter Wendy told Jesus that she wanted Him to live in her heart and be the Lord of her life today! :) What a blessing! Now all my kids are Heaven Bound!! :)
Of course, this all came about while we were snuggling and praying and talking after a very looooong "4 minute" time-out that she didn't want to take for over an hour and a half. Instead, she wanted to scream (did you hear it?) and almost burst some blood vessels in her eyes in the process! :) OK - not really . . . but she was screaming mad that mommy would have the audacity to put her in a time-out for disobeying!! How dare Mommy do that?!! :) I know . . . I'm the "meanest mom in the world" . . . or so I've been told. :) But thankfully - after the punishment is finally done and we are snuggling and loving on each other - I'm usually the "best mom in the world" again and all is well in the West household . . . . for at least a minute. :)

I know that I haven't kept up with this blog. I'm sorry. I have started another blog, and I've just been trying to keep up with all the other momly duties that I have each day. :) But thank you for checking in on us!

Wendy is doing awesome (except for the occasional 4 year old fit like most kids)! She amazes me! I knew she was smart - but she still amazes me! The other day she was watching daddy mow the lawn and asked him "Why are you doing that?"
"Doing what? Mowing the lawn? Why do you think I'm doing it?" he asked her.
"To make mommy happy?" she replied. !!!! :)
You betcha!! Because otherwise I don't know that he would do it . . . or at least not as often! :) What a smart cookie she is!

Also, when asking her what we should get daddy for his birthday - she went on to list quite a few things that are Jeremy's favorites - a new Star Wars movie, a Star Wars shirt, a new van, a new chair, etc!! I was sooo surprised at how specific her answers were! She definitely knows what her daddy likes! :) This girl doesn't miss ANYTHING!! :)

So - as you can see from this post . . . Wendy has turned 4. I will have to post some pics and fill you in on her recent b-day later. I just realized that my other daughter's bus will be arriving in 5 minutes and I still have a wet towel on my head from taking a shower (late in the day - I know! But I did get some exercise today!!). And then it's off to pick up another child (my 10 year old) from school! :) So . . . . for now just rejoice with us that Wendy is part of God's kingdom and sealed for eternity as a Princess of the King!!

Blessings
Lori :)

No comments: