KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm all done here!

"I'm all done here!" Have you ever felt that way? If you said no - then either you are lying or you haven't lived long enough! :) Hee,hee. Evidentally my 3 year old HAS lived long enough. :)

We were just going about our normal routine - the kids running around torturing each other . . . ok, ok - not really - at least not today. They were playing . . . . .and occasionally getting on each other's nerves. :) I was folding my 5-7 loads of laundry that I trudge through twice a week, when Wendy walked over near me and said "OK. I'm all done here!"
"What? Done with what?" I asked.
"I'm all done HERE. I go to Guatemala . . . . . .to my home." she casually replied.
"Oh. I see." I said calmly, and then teasingly asked, "Why? Don't you like it here? Don't you like Mommy and Daddy and Ryan and the other kids?"
"Without hesitation or even looking up, she matter of factly said, "Yes. . . . I like you. . . . but I go to Guatemala . . . to my home".

We started to talk about how I bet she misses it there, but that this is her new home . . .that was her old home. She has yet to agree with me on that issue. Usually she says "No. . . . is YOU home. My home . . . Guatemala". Just before the phone rang and cut our conversation short, I said "Well, when I was 3 I lived in a different home too".
"WHAT?!" she cutely, quickly and loudly responded. :)
"Yes. But now I live here . . . .with you. Aren't you glad?"
I never did get to hear her response or finish the conversation as raced to get the phone (I should have just let voice mail get it).

So - I can tell that we will be having more conversations about her "home" as she gets older. She still is very happy here and LOVES her siblings (and us . . . .most of the time). I think she is just missing all that she really remembers till she came here. I don't know whether showing her video footage of her home would help or hurt at this point. I'll have to feel that one out. We do look at photos, but not the video footage we took yet. We'll see.

So - like my daughter said . . . .

I'm all done here!

Time for dinner! . . . . .Pizza night! :)

Lori :)

2 comments:

Terri said...

I'm just catching up on this blog. I read your other one all the time.
Anyway, Wendy is too funny!

Katie said...

What a sweetie ... that is adorable !!