KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

7 weeks . . .

Hmm . . . . Isn't 7 supposed to be God's number? :) So - c'mon God . . . . let's hear some good news this week!!

As you can guess - we still haven't heard anything yet. We have been in PGN for 7 weeks today (so we assume) and we are still praying for a Kick Out (KO) so we can submit our Pre Approval (PA) with our other paperwork. I am secretly praying that we will get a call from our agency saying . . . "Oh yeah - the lawyer said you were KO'd right when you got your PA, and you were resubmitted the next day . . . . and . . . . by the way . . . . you've been approved - in such a short time too! It's a miracle!" :) OR - how about "The lawyer was acutally able to sumit your PA without you having to be KO'd . . . and . . . guess what . . . . you are out of PGN and approved!" :) HEY - a girl can dream - can't she? . . . . . Thanks.

Don't worry - I'm not living in those dreams. I just live day to day - and actually the past 7 weeks have gone by pretty fast. We're still keeping busy here - that's for sure! School is almost out! I'll be glad to not have any more homework . . . oops - I mean the KIDS won't have any more homework! :)

Great news on the homefront . . . . our second son (9 1/2 years old) asked Jesus to be "Lord of his life" today!!! He asked Jesus "into his heart" when he was three - but he didn't really remember and definitely wasn't producing a whole lot of "fruit" lately. I've been praying for an "open door" to bring up some issues with him and that his heart would be open. Today God answered my prayers and his heart was MORE than ready! He was so excited about it afterwards - that at bedtime prayers he actually prayed a NEW prayer (other than the one he's prayed exactly the same for the last 7 years) - but accidentally said "Thank you Jesus for letting me ask you to become my follower". :) hee, hee. He even laughed at himself for the mistake! Before he would have been mortified for praying "wrong"!! :) He had a light in his eyes tonight that I haven't seen in a long time!!! :) PTL! Oh - and after his prayer for salvation this afternoon - I told him to clean his room (way to celebrate mom!) - but he not only cleaned up HIS stuff, but his brother's, the living room, the dining room, the playroom, and a few things in the kitchen!! :) (he shows his love through acts of service - wouldn't you say?) Jeremy told him that he could get "saved" every day if it meant he would clean this well! :) hee,hee.

We also had some other spiritual convesations, prayers (and hopefully breakthroughs) with my daughter! They are growing up before my eyes! I have been praying that God would just capture their hearts - and I think He is doing it! I've been "battling" enough lately that it's about time to see some breakthroughs on some things!!! :)

Well - keep battling in prayer with me for Wendy to come home this summer!!!! Pray that her paperwork is miraculously approved in PGN - faster than anyone expected!!! We all want her home!!

Jeremy and I (and my mom) did get to talk with Wendy yesterday - on Jeremy's b-day. It was so good to hear her voice - though it always makes me miss her even more. It was good to talk with her house father some and one of her caretakers (who is from Virginia!). The caretaker is teaching her some English for us and helping her to pray for her whole family by name. They also said that Wendy got my letter today. I had sent her some pictures all printed out on a couple sheets - showing her new room, us with her on our visit trip, and a few of her siblings. They said she was very excited to see them! :) That makes me happy.

Well - it's late and I need my sleep! A new day awaits and will be here before I want it to. :)

Thanks for your prayers! Continue to keep us in your prayers. I am expecting more battles - as anytime the Lord does great things - the enemy gets mad!! :) But we are not afraid here! WE are the VICTORS! Hey - my name, Lori, does mean "Victorious one"!! :) hee,hee.

Blessings
Lori :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I met you briefly at your fundraiser yard sale.. and have been praying for your family and your daughter's safe arrival! Following your journey has been inspirational! Bless you all and your son - that is WONDERFUL!

Laura

Lori and Jeremy West said...

Thanks so much Laura! Are you inspired enough to want to adopt?! :) hee,hee.
It means alot to us to have so many people joining us in our adventure and encouraging us along the way. It's a long journey and can get quite frustrating and discouraging at times - so we are glad to have the support!
God bless you!
Lori :)