KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Monday, December 04, 2006

Sleepyhead

My director (Lucy) just came back from a week in Guatemala - visiting all the babies/kids that are in the process for adoption through KAS. She was able to go shopping and buy some gifts for the kids at Casa Bernabe (for C-mas I assume) but didn't get to Katie's (Wendy) house till 7:30pm. Katie/Wendy was sound asleep when she arrived. They did wake her up a little, but she was still pretty sleepy. Lucy said she will send some pics when she gets the chance, but I doubt there are any smiling ones.

As for where we are in the adoption . . . . we are still waiting. Evidentally, the Guatemalan court has yet to issue the COA (certificate of abandonment), so we are still waiting for that to be able to send down our POA (power of attorney) and officially start the adoption process.
PLEASE pray that the court gets that paper in the orphanage's hands soon! Jeremy and I still have peace that she is our daughter, but I will have much more peace knowing that we are "officially" going through the adoption process to bring her home. Know what I mean? :) Thanks for your prayers!

Despite the delays in Guatemala, God is still working here in regards to our finances/fundraising for the adoption expenses. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to those that just recently gave towards our adoption!! I know I've said it before, but I will say it again and again . . . I am truly humled (to tears many times) at the generosity (and obedience to the Lord) that so many of you have shown to us! Some of you have been practically strangers to us - but have generously given - and that blows me away even more! May God bless you all 100 fold (and more) for what you have done! Your giving has always been an answer to my prayers! We are within a couple hundred dollars of having the money needed to be able to accept this referral. So - that may be the reason God has allowed the delay in the COA, etc. He still needs time to provide for the money we have to pay. :)
On that note - in case you didn't know - if you use our Google links & search engine, it does add a little money to our account. So, anytime you need to "google" something - come to our site. That's an easy and cheap way for you to contribute to our fund. :) Thanks so much.

Blessings on you all this week! I will try to post some pictures when I get them in. Thanks for checking in on us!

Lori :)

No comments: