KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Life International

Many of you have asked about donating before the end of the year to receive a tax-deduction. We have recently signed up to work with Life International to allow tax-deductible donations to be given in support of our adoption. Life International is a trusted organization administering the funds on Katie’s behalf, and will pay adoption expenses out of funds received. They will be accepting donations for our adoption until January 31st, 2007 only. In addition, any funds raised over the amount we need (or after the goal date), will be prayerfully applied to other adoptions as grants or loans, and not to pay administrative costs. That is one of the main reasons we chose to work with Life International.

To receive a tax deduction for your donation:

1. Please make checks payable to : Life International. To go towards Katie’s expenses, you need to preference how the donation might be used by writing “Kathryn West Adoption” in the memo section of your check.
(*Note: In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Life International which retains full discretion and control over its use.)
Please send before January 31st, 2007 (or by 12-31-06 for your 2006 tax purposes)

2. Mail Checks to:
Life International
Attn: Kathryn West Adoption
PO Box 40
Gridley, IL 61744

3. You may also donate online utilizing Paypal (a small percentage will be taken out by Paypal for fees - somewhere around 3-5%) http://www.lifeintl.org/

Currently, and after January 31st, we can still receive donations at our house (payable to Jeremy or Lori West) or online via Paypal (minus a small fee). These are not tax-deductible, but are still needed. Contact us if you have any questions.

*We will also be closing out our Entertainment book sales on December 9th! If you have not yet bought one of these wonderful books, or you need more as gifts for friends or family members - contact us soon. We still have around 35 books here, or they can be ordered online (small s&h charge may be applied).
They are $25 (retail $30) and you get a FREE $25 gift certificate to a local restaraunt (of your choice) once you register your book online. So - in essense - you get the book for free . . . and then you get to save even more when you use your coupons! I don't know why anyone would NOT want one! :) Unless, of course, you don't like saving money! :)

Blessings to you all! I will hopefully receive some more info on Katie this week. Our agency director went to Guatemala this past week, so we are waiting anxiously to hear back from her and see some new pictures. :) As of last week, we still had not received all her info, nor did the orphanage have her COA (certificate of abandonment) in hand yet. I am hoping that they got that before or while Lucy was down there. That should be able to tell us more about how long this case might take. We'll see. Keep praying! It's in God' mighty hands now!!

Thanks again to all who have helped, supported, encouraged, prayed and donated financially to us! We could not have done any of this without all of you! And we are encouraged to know that we have warriors and supporters to get us through the rest of the journey! I pray it is an easy one - but am preparing for it to be difficult.

God bless!

Lori & Jeremy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lori~

We recently began the adoption process with Casa Bernabe. This morning I felt led to search for someone else who has been through this process. I found your site, and I just cried. The little boy God has placed in our hearts is also at Los Angelitos. I write because I'm not certain of what steps to take next, and I think I'm supposed to contact you. I realize this probably isn't the best way to contact you. However, I couldn't find any other contact information. Any help and information you can give would be very much appreciated.

Blessings to you~

Angie Laubach
laubach_a@dragon.k12.pa.us