KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Yard Sale Results

OK now! This is the THIRD time I am trying to post this!! The first time (sunday) the site went down for maintenance 2 minutes before I logged on, then earlier today I spent awhile typing it all up and published it . . . but only the title showed up! Man! Bum deal! Anyways - here goes again . . .

The results are in . . . . the West Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale was . . . .

FREEEEEEEEZZZZING!!!!!!!

I do believe it was the first frost of the year even! It was 78 degrees last wed (and nice and warm today!), but on Saturday - it was barely able to reach 50 as a high! Despite the frigid temps - there was a decent turnout of addicted, die-hard garage sale shoppers!! We had a little space heater out there to warm up our calves now and then, and you would be surprised at how many people inquired as to if it was for sale! :) I did put an ad in the paper even though I knew our community was putting on in too - and mine ended up listed as the first one! :) I hope that helped draw some people. We probably would have sold more if the weather had been warmer, but I was quite impressed by the turnout we had! Most people seemed touched to learn what we were doing (and how much it cost), but we still had the few hard-core negotiators who still didn't want to give us anything near a fair price. :) Oh well. God bless them too! I was a bit bummed that I didn't take a picture of the massive amounts of stuff spreading across my lawn and driveway. :( You know how I am about my pictures and documenting everything! :) Oh well.

Before I go on - I need to thank everyone who helped us out with this sale!! I could NOT have survived without you!!!
Thank you Taits and my parents for rescuing me on friday and helping with last minute tagging, etc!
Thank you Ryan (our wonderful neighbor) & Jana for coming at the ungodly hour of 6:30am - and for those that wandered in thereafter - Meg, Juli, Sandi, Stephanie, Terri & Bo (and anyone else I forgot to mention) . . . . I felt so nauseous and faint about mid-day (probably due to stress, not eating well, freezing, etc) that I was so thankful to know the sale was in GREAT hands!
Thank you to eveyone who donated such wonderful junk . . . I mean - Treasures! Without it - there wouldn't have been much of a yard sale! Thank you so much! I do have to say though, that I am glad all that stuff is finally out of my house! My dust allergies were making me miserable for the last month!! And to let you know what happened to your leftover items we didn't sell - we chose a ministry in Chesapeake called Victory Home. It is run by a local church and ministers to men and women in crisis (due to addictions, abuse, etc). The 2 men who came out to pick up all the leftovers were amazed and blessed by your generosity! Your donations just became a double (if not triple or more) blessing!! Thank you so much and God bless you for your generosity!

As for the grand total . . . all that sold, donataions and a generous donation from my awesome MOPS Secret Sister (which was hand-delivered early in the a.m. by a young man) - all totalled around $1600!! Quite impressive considering how cold it was! PTL! God is good!! We are getting closer, little by little, to our goal!

I have alot more news to tell you - but for now I need to go help my kids with their homework (as they are not doing on their own for some reason????? Imagine that). Thanks for checking in with us! Please check in soon as I really do have some more exciting news to tell you! I've just run out of time right now! :)

Blessings today!
Lori :)

No comments: