KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bunk Beds

We are definitely ready for Wendy Kate to come home now . . . . we finally have bunk beds for the girls!! Meg is thrilled (but "a little scared about falling off the top bunk")! Since we were pulling out all the furniture (we got a bigger dresser too), and because Meghan had been begging me to change the color of her walls (she HATED the beautiful shade of pastel pink I had so lovingly chosen before her birth) - we decided to repaint everything. . . . .and boy is it different! It's like a pink explosion!! Definitely not my taste in colors, but Meghan LOVES it! I figured that I got to have my favorite pink on the wall for 7 years - so I'll give in and let her pick (somewhat). :) Now comes the fun part of putting everything back in the room and organizing it so there is equal space for Meg's and Wendy's things, and then decorating the walls (pictures, etc).
Meg got to decide what colors went where on the furniture (the panels come out and can flip over to a different color - pink, purple, green or white). Her drawers are the pink and white ones, and Wendy has the purple and green. :) She insisted on green at the top of the mirror too. I asked her several times if she was SURE she wanted green up there . . . "not pink or purple?". Yep - she wanted green. I then spent forever unscrewing (and re-screwing) about a dozen screws on the back of that piece and got the green "just right" (the holes were not wanting to match up). Meg came in an hour later and said "GREEN?! I didn't want GREEN up there!" . . . . oh yes you did Chica! :) I reminded her of her adamant stance on the green panel earlier. Her response - "Oh yeah. That's right. OK green is fine." . . . . . . she is definitely ALL girl! Fickle as they come!! :)


Here are a few pics of the furniture and paint choices. :)


All that to say . . . I'm keeping myself plenty busy as we wait for word on our adoption. Last we heard the lawyer was trying to get a new birth certificate to submit us to the Embassy for Pre Approval (PA). That was over a week ago. As of tuesday we have been in PGN (the Atty General's Court) for 2 weeks. No news on that front either - though I really wouldn't expect to hear anything till around 6 weeks. That seems to be the earliest people are getting out or getting Kicked Out (KO'd or also called getting a Previo). So - probably mid- May sometime. I've got enough to keep me busy till then too. Meg's b-day is the 5th - and once I get her room together, I need to plan a party. :) We have other family b-days in May too. Then the end of the school year comes - with all the SOL's, final projects, parties, gifts for teachers, etc. :) June is actually in my mind already. So . . . . when will Wendy Kathryn come home???? . . . . . . In God's timing! Until then - I'll keep trusting God's plan and try to get a few things done around here!

Blessings to you all!

Lori :)

2 comments:

Terri said...

That room looks great Lori! Good job! I am REALLY ask for your advice when I start changing stuff. But don't worry ... It will be awhile!

Bree said...

The room looks beautiful:) Happy early Mother's day to you-may this one be extra special for you all:)
Big big hugs!
PS-Thanks for taking care of my little guy:)