KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Update and prayer requests

So here’s the latest update:
1. A co-worker of J's donated $1000 (out of the blue) towards our adoption! Way to go God! What a blessing! (Thanks guys! You know who you are!) (only $20,000 + more to go!)
2. Our home study agency says that we can start our home study now (we'll have to wait till J gets back and our social worker gets back from some conferences - so probably the first week of May)
3. We've had our fun physicals! :) Yee-hah!
4. We've gotten a lot of paperwork done, but still have probably 20% more to do, then send it all to the Sec. of the State and then the Guatemala Consulates for authentications.
5. We have our fingerprinting appointment with Homeland Security on May 11th.
6. Hopefully Mark Johnson (from A Helping Hand) is still currently looking for our daughter at one of those 2 Christian orphanages (see previous post).
7. We still need: Bunk beds (for Meg and her new sister), a new, bigger van for J (we can't fit into his current vehicle), a bigger kitchen table that will seat 7, and a variety of other odds and ends for our daughter (clothes, etc. Waiting till we know how old she is, etc.).


Prayer requests:
- For the safety of our daughter in Guatemala
- For peace in my heart as we go through this process
- For Divine guidance in our lives and the lives of those helping us with this process (i.e. – our social worker, adoption agency, family advocate, etc)
- For Finances – the total adoption process is going to be around $26-29,000, plus the above mentioned items we will need. Pray for wisdom on how to finance it (ie - support letter, grants, loans, God's miraculous provision, etc). I know that He will provide somehow as this was His plan - I just want wisdom (so I don't get ahead of Him and His timing and blessings).
- For the safe and speedy delivery of all our documents we have to fill out and send, and for the paperwork process to be without problems, delays, etc. Pray for Divine intervention in the whole process.
- For the bonding of this little girl with our family - her heart and ours!

I think that's it for now. We covet your prayers and support.
Blessings!
Lori & Jeremy :)

No comments: