KISSES IN THE WIND

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are.....what' s taking us so long,
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind .

May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you,
I promise you, my darling , I 'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

-Author unknown

Saturday, September 01, 2007

1 more day!

I dreamed last night that we arrived at Casa Bernabe, and Jeremy picked up Wendy. She looked sad and scared. :( That's not the dream I wanted - but it could very well be a reality. We are coming to take her away from everything she has ever known for the last 2 years. It's her home. That's her family. Though, her family has changed some over the 2 years, especially this last year with some of her "friends" being adopted or having to move on to the next house (for 3-5 year olds). At 3 1/2, she's the last remaining "old" kid around. She enjoys helping out with the little ones (20 of them!)- being very motherly, and even helps out with the laundry from time to time (she can teach her older siblings here!). It will definitely be an adjustment for her coming here and being "the baby" of the house again. I hope she likes it. :) I think she will. So - my dream may really reflect my fear of her getting upset about leaving, more so than being prophetic about what will happen. Of course - every mom and dad wants an "Annie" reunion/welcome - with your child excitedly running into your arms - so excited to finally have a Forever Family. But that's not always the case. They may be excited by the thought of it - but once their Mom and Dad materialize in front of them - reality sets in - and the reactions range from timidity - to screaming or crying for hours; quietly going - to biting, kicking, hitting, and even peeing on the mom and dad (yes - that really did happen to a friend of ours!). We prepare for the worst, but pray for the best. We were pleasantly surprised in April when we visited, as Wendy spoke to us right away and didn't seem afraid at all. She was VERY good with us the whole week, and was actually a bit sad when we were not around - asking "?Donde esta mami y papi?" - Where is mommy and daddy? :) That's a good sign! So . . . . I am praying for a joyful reunion. I know that the caretakers have been preparing her to come here - talking to her most everyday about it - using the photo books we sent. When they ask her who is coming to get her soon, she says "Mami, Papi y Meghan"! :) And we will be coming . . . TOMORROW!!!! I can't believe that day is already here!!!! PTL!! It's exciting, but scary at the same time.
All the same feelings & thoughts you get before adding another child to the family start to flood your mind . . . . am I ready for another one? Will I be able to handle 5 kids? Have I done everything here I need to before she comes? What will it be like when she's here? How will the kids adjust? What do I need to be prepared to encounter or deal with (sibling jealousy? attachment or adjustment issues? etc)? Will Wendy get frustrated trying to communicate with us (with her little bit of English and our little bit of Spanish)? How quickly will she learn English? . . . . . . . . . . (you get the picture!). Deep down though - I know it will all work out as this was ALL God's plan to begin with! So, if we stick with His plan and ways and continue to seek HIM above (and about) all things - then we will make it! :) PTL!

Well - it's back to packing and spending some time with my kids here before we leave bright and early tomorrow morning! I know I've said this a million times over the last 18 months . . . but . . .Thank you all for all your prayers, encouragement and support during this fantastic adventure!! We REALLY appreciate it and needed it!! Keep praying - as we will still need your prayers. Here are our requests:

1. Safe and FUN trip to pick up Wendy! That we will actually be able to get off CB's campus several times to do fun things with Wendy and Meghan (I am NOT going to be stuck there again this time!!)
2. Easy adjustment for Wendy and our kids here. That Wendy will attach to Jeremy and I quickly and in a healthy way.
3. Easy adjustment for Jeremy and I as the parents of 5 kids - esp. with a crazy school schedule this fall! Why didn't I just homeschool them?? :)
4. The remaining finances for the adoption and travel.

Thanks so much guys! God bless you today!

Lori :)

No comments: